St. George’s is a mid-sized Anglican Church located a few blocks past Cadboro Bay Village in Saanich.
St. George’s is a mid-sized Anglican Church located a few blocks past Cadboro Bay Village in Saanich. We are seeking a Program Coordinator with positive interpersonal and strong organizational skills to work with Parish Leadership to create, foster organize and oversee Parish programs related to Family Life and youth and young adults. St. George’s is an active religious community with interests in social justice projects, community-building, providing worship opportunities for young people, and facilitating personal growth for all individuals. We are fully inclusive, working on being conscientious members of the 21st Century, and still honouring of our traditions and history.
· Work as part of the Parish Leadership team to identify program priorities and needs
· Assume responsibility for, as necessary, creation, development, fostering, mentoring and oversight of designated programs. The exact identity of these programs will be decided through consultation within the Parish Leadership team but is expected to include some subset of Family Life, young adult programming, university liaison, youth programming and Sunday School / Nursery.
· When necessary, recommend creation or modification of programs within area of responsibility
· Assist in recruitment and hiring of staff necessary to effectively deliver programs
· Participate in the annual Parish budget development process, ensuring that program needs and requirements are identified. Once annual budget has been established, monitor and oversee designated program expenditures to ensure adherence to allocations. Identify to Parish Leadership unexpected budget variations sufficiently early to facilitate resolution
· Develop and maintain effective and caring communication and liaison with program stakeholders, including Parish Leadership, staff, parishioners, Diocese, community groups, etc
· Provide monthly updates to Parish Leadership and Parish Council on program progress, successes and challenges
· Reports to Head Priest and Leadership Team
· Clergy, Church Staff, Diocesan Staff
· Program staff, volunteers and participants
· Program stakeholders; this may include other Parishes, churches from other denominations, community groups, etc
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
· strong interpersonal skills, including maturity, empathy, and discretion
· ability to deal with sensitive personal and social issues using tact and diplomacy, and to maintain confidentiality
· highly developed communication skills, oral and written
· experience in the delivery of a religious-based program providing services or support to an identifiable group
· advanced social media skills
· up-to-date computer skills; ideally fluent in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access)
· ability to prioritize and manage heavy and varied workload
· highly developed organizational and time management skills
· able to work independently and take initiative
· interest in the Christian religion and associated communities; knowledge of Anglican tradition would be advantageous
· inclusive of all, including LGBTQ2S+
· Position is based on a 20-hour work week
· Competitive Benefits Package and Pension Plan.
· Opportunity to work for a positive, non-profit community.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Masks are required for all indoor spaces. Visitors must register upon entry. Hand sanitization supplies are available at each entrance. Remote work possible when required.