St. George’s is a mid-sized Anglican Church located a few blocks past Cadboro Bay Village in Saanich. We are seeking a skilled office administrator with a bright personality to represent the parish in a positive way by providing frontline ministry to the community as first-point-of-contact and primary office manager. St. George’s is an active religious community with interests in social justice projects, community-building, providing worship opportunities for young people, and facilitating personal growth for all individuals. We are fully inclusive, working on being conscientious members of the 21st Century, and still honouring of our traditions and history.
• Generate a warm, positive and welcoming environment through personal contact in-person, on the telephone, or via email. Work with Church Staff and volunteers as primary contact for all activities, including worship activities, social clubs, charitable projects, etc.
• General office duties, including handling all correspondence, ordering supplies, maintaining digital and paper filing systems, maintaining parish databases, etc.
• Assist the Head Priest with preparing weekly bulletins and materials for worship services.
• Manage rentals and bookings for all facilities, including facilitating insurance and contracts.
• Perform communications duties, including updating the website, posting on Facebook, creating a weekly e-newsletter using MailChimp, building slideshows via PowerPoint, and creating print documents for distribution.
• Generate a quarterly newsletter using Adobe InDesign.
• Record and distribute minutes for Parish Council (once per month evening meeting) and AGM (Sunday morning; once per year).
• Perform basic bookkeeping duties using Quickbooks including entering bills and writing cheques.
• Act as “SafeChurch Liaison” to ensure all volunteers have up-to-date Criminal Record Checks and “SafeChurch” training.
• Reports to Head Priest and Leadership Team
• Clergy, Church Staff, Diocesan Staff
• Parishioners and volunteers
• St. George's Housing Society and residents from The Orchard Residence
• Maintenance/service organizations and businesses (e.g., fire departments, police departments, maintenance personnel, plumbing, heating, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
• strong interpersonal skills, including maturity, empathy, and discretion
• ability to deal with sensitive personal and social issues using tact and diplomacy, and to maintain confidentiality
• highly developed communication skills, oral and written
• up-to-date computer skills; quick learner on new programs and office machinery; ideally fluent in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), Quickbooks 2019, and Adobe InDesign
• experience using MailChimp and maintaining basic website content
• ability to prioritize and manage heavy and varied workload
• highly developed organizational and time management skills
• able to work independently and take initiative
• interest in the Christian religion and associated communities; knowledge of Anglican tradition would be advantageous
• inclusive of all, including LGBT2Q+
• Position is based on a 32-hour work week (Tuesday-Friday).
• Competitive Benefits Package and Pension Plan.
• Opportunity to work for a positive, non-profit community.
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected], Attn: Search Team. We hope to receive applications as soon as possible; the receiving period will close on January 15th, 2019 at noon. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of January 15-20.